How to join our “outstanding” pre-school
If you wish to register your child for a place at the pre-school please download, complete and return the registration form below.
This must be completed and returned with a non-refundable registration fee (to cover administration costs) of £20.00. On receipt of the form and fee, we will send you a ‘confirmation letter’, advising that your child is registered as waiting for a place with us.
Our flourishing pre-school has become a incredibly popular and renowned in the local area. Because of our success, we often receive a high number of applications, and it is for this reason that we have implemented an admissions policy.
In order to ensure the enrolment system is operated fairly and efficiently, applicants are accepted according to a set of criteria including application date, child’s date of birth, and place of residence (see Admission Criteria). However, this policy is only applied when we experience exceptionally high numbers of applications; we always welcome applications for all children, from all surrounding local areas.
We have had to adopt an admissions policy, which has a very clear procedure in place for the provision of places. This policy is enforced when we experience exceptionally high numbers of applications.
A child is offered a place at CAPS from the term in which their third birthday falls, when a place becomes available, in the following priority:
- Children living in the catchment area of St Mark’s School, Cold Ash (as outlined on West Berkshire Council’s website), in order of date of birth
- Children living outside the catchment area of St Mark’s School, who have siblings who have previously attended Cold Ash Pre-school, within the past 3 years of a place being available, in order of date of birth
- Children living outside the catchment area, in order of date of birth
Parents may be asked for proof of address with a legal document before a place can be confirmed.
Allocation of spaces
The vast majority of spaces become available in September, however we do have a small intake of new children in January.
Allocation of spaces:
- Allocation in May for September admission
- Allocation in October for January admission
In order to ensure the system is operated fairly and efficiently we have a closing date of 1 January for all applications wanting a place for the subsequent academic year. Any registrations made after this date will be considered on individual merit by the Pre-school Committee.
If you require more information about enrolment or admissions please Contact Us.